Objectives of the Council
Objectives of the Council:
(a) To do or cause to do study and research on problems in the field of health being encountered or likely to be encountered in future.
(b) To conduct programs relating to consultancy service and information in order to make the study and activities relating to health more useful, and
(c) To acquire information about studies, researchers and works on various problems relating to health in the world and inform it to HMG from time to time.
Functions, Duties and Right of the Council:
- To do or cause to do study and research in the various fields relating to health within the republic of Nepal subject to the health policy of Nepal government.
- To formulate National health research policy and give a definite direction for the promotion, aspects of health in Nepal.
- To undertake research on health system, including, biomedical, behavioral and other related health sciences.
- To undertake studies on prevention, diagnosis, treatment of disease and ailments.
- To specify the priority sectors of study and research relating to health.
- to give consent for study and research in subjects related to health, to determine authenticity and recommended to Nepal government.
- to co-ordinate, guide and evaluate research works related to health and make appropriate recommendation.
- to publish and publicize the know how experiences and the results of research relating national and international levels.
- To give consent to carry out some part of the research in a foreign country if there is no facility to carry out such research within the kingdom of Nepal.
- To provide outstanding as well as young research award to the most deserving researchers of the country.
- To provide travel grant to those researchers who is going to present a paper in international conference/ congress/seminar.
- To keep records of research relating to health.
- To strength the research capability through training.
Information about NHRC in PDF format. NHRC Brochure